Kolibri v0.10 has been released!

Download here and learn more about our new Educator Ready release: https://learningequality.org/download/7

New in v0.10

• Support for coach-specific content
  • Content import/export is more reliable and easier to use
  • Search has improved results and handles duplicate items
  • Display of answer history in learner exercises is improved
  • Login page is more responsive
  • Windows-specific improvements and bug fixes
  • New Kolibri configuration file
  • Overall improved performance
  • Auto-play videos
  • Various improvements to PDF renderer
  • Command to migrate content directory location
  • Languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Chinyanja, Farsi, French, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Burmese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, Swahili, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Yoruba, and Zulu

To learn more about this release, see our blog post!

Hi Laura,

I’m a fan of kolibri, I upgraded to the latest version, I really like the improvements but I am currently having issues with client capacity of my server. Clients keep on disconnecting from the server. I am having trouble keeping users connected to the server. I did not have this issue with the older version of kolibri.

Have other reported similar issues as mine?

Thanks,

Vic

Hi Victor, in order to diagnose the problem we would need more info:

• Do the resources load even if you see the disconnect message?
  • How many users do you have accessing to the server simultaneously?

If you have many concurrent users, let’s say more than 30, bearing in mind the changes from the previous versions, there’s something you can try:

[Server]
     CHERRYPY_THREAD_POOL = 30

You must restart the kolibri server afterwards and test if your clients go better now.
If kolibri doesn’t start you likely broke the syntax of that file. In such case, restore the backup you previously did and attach it here so I can edit it for you.

videos don’t work in Firefox Quantum 61 linux Kolibri 0.10.2 Khan Academy Version 12 error displayed “The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported” majority of exercises are broken pictures diagrams and hints are not displayed and interaction with exercises is impossible videos only work in Chromium yet Extremely low Visual and Audio Quality of Math Videos and exercises are still dispalyed as blank spaces. kalite 17.5 is also out of sync with khan academy and missing most videos in math categories

Hi Dhaakir,

Thanks for reaching out. In regards to the Firefox error, please see the documented fix here. For the missing Khan Academy images, please try updating the KA channel on your installation of Kolibri.

Let me know if this helps!
Best,
Laura

Same promblems exist with Edge Windows 10 kolibri 0.10.1 with redownloading of content. High Resolution videos Encoded with H264 MPEG-4 AVC and MPEG AAC Audio Work, No Low Resolution videos Encoded with H264 MPEG-4 AVC and AWR narrow band (samr) Audio work, exercises with pictures still not displayed correctly after redownloading. everything works downgrading to khan academy version 11 kolibri 0.10.2 Linux

Hi Laura,

The warning note is about Linux but we are experiencing this same problem in Firefox on Windows.

Update:
Issue reported and tracked herein - https://github.com/learningequality/sushi-chef-khan-academy/issues/3