[RESOLVED] Kolibri Studio - Publish

Operating System (e.g. Windows, MacOS, Linux): Ubuntu, Windows

Browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari): Chrome

Channel (Name of the channel you were working on): Growsmart

Description of problem: I would like to find out by you if there is any uploading issue on Kolibri Studio today? We have tried to publish a quiz with 30 questions since 1 pm (our time) and as I’m typing this email, it is still publishing. We have used 4 different networks and 3 different locations to upload the quiz. We upload these quizzes on a weekly basis.

Would you please be so kind to let us know if there are any issues with publishing today, please?

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Kind regards,

Hi @Bryan_Fisher,

Yes, we’ve seen an issue with publishing becoming incredibly slow in the last couple of days - publishing is still proceeding but is taking much longer than previously. We are investigating but have no resolution as yet.

Kind Regards,
Richard

My man, @richard thank you so much for your swift reply! We really appreciate it very much! We had 198 kids from various schools waiting to do a quiz today and we had to cancel it 30 minutes after the time started for them to begin the quiz because it could not get published today. May I kindly ask if there is a way to find out before the time when things are a bit unstable on Kolibri Studio so that we can advise our learners ahead of time, please? This had such a huge effect on our side that I think we just lost our biggest client who was actually keeping the light on in the office.

I’m not sure where to go or where I should subscribe to, in order to be informed of any issue on the Kolibri Studio side of things ahead of time.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
Bryan

I think the main place to look would be to track our releases page on Github: Releases · learningequality/studio · GitHub after releases, there is the possibility of regressions (in spite of our best attempts to QA and prevent issues creeping in).

@richard Thank you so much for this, I sincerely hope the issue will be resolved the soonest or at least that we can upload and publush content :smiley: I have informed everyone that we should cancel all quizzes for this week, and we will hopefully get back on our feet by Friday. :grimacing: Once again Thank you so much for your reply, Much appreciate it!

@richard I would quickly want to find out if the Kolibri Studio Update has also affected the imports of new content to our Kolibri server instance. Do you know if there are other users experiencing difficulty importing new content from Kolibri Studio?

We’ve not seen any reports of content import issue into Kolibri at this point, and we’ve not updated any code that would affect it.

Hi @Bryan_Fisher,

We’ve taken action to resolve the slow channel publishing issue.

Please re-publish your channel when you get a chance and let us know if this has resolved your issue.

Regards,
Blaine

Thank you richard, we have tested this and it is working 100%

1 Like

@blaine Thanks so much for the quick response and actions on this issue, we will definately test this first thing tomorrow morning, I will send you and update. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

2 Likes

@blaine publishing is working much better now, it only took 10 mins to publish a 9MB file, and previously 4Hours to publish the same file. Thank you so much for the quick and effective resolve on this! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

1 Like