Kolibri Duplicate username found

Good day,

For the first time, I have seen a duplicate user. I have never seen this before, and I was not aware that this is possible, that is why I would like to bring it to your attention, in case this is the first time you see this issue. I only found out now, when trying to log in as the user because they were having difficulty signing in.
We have imported 2800 learners with the CSV import method. I can definitely say that the duplicate did not come from the spreadsheet because the spreadsheet will indicate if there are any duplicates. It will either skip or delete the duplicate. This had to be created afterwards or it would have been created previously.

Please see the below images;
This is the username I used to sign in:
username-login

When I click on next:

Below is the message received when attempting to sign in with schoolname_ec_username:
{
“data”: “

Server Error (500)

”,
“status”: 500,
“statusText”: “Internal Server Error”,
“headers”: {
“connection”: “keep-alive”,
“content-length”: “27”,
“content-type”: “text/html”,
“date”: “Thu, 26 Aug 2021 12:29:56 GMT”,
“server”: “nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)”,
“vary”: “Cookie”,
“x-frame-options”: “SAMEORIGIN”
},
“config”: {
“url”: “/api/auth/session/”,
“method”: “post”,
“params”: {},
“data”: “{“username”:“schoolname_ec_username”,“password”:”",“facility”:“db0f61691b2606a812c9cd6922dd5429”}",
“headers”: {
“Accept”: “application/json, text/plain, /”,
“Content-Type”: “application/json;charset=utf-8”,
“X-Requested-With”: “XMLHttpRequest”,
“X-CSRFToken”: “ujhRTdqYh79PEbKaQqQ51lIfuSDSsDdIZJngyPpp9ppnZGQahh9dKMC5YLUbTv1R”
},
“transformRequest”: [
null
],
“transformResponse”: [
null
],
“timeout”: 0,
“xsrfCookieName”: “kolibri_csrftoken”,
“xsrfHeaderName”: “X-CSRFToken”,
“maxContentLength”: -1
},
“request”: {}
}

I logged in as a super admin to check the user name: I found the two identical usernames:
duplicate-usernames

When you click in Edit Details (for the learner profile) The information is exactly the same.
I just want to bring this to your attention. The duplicate was deleted and the user could sign in without any issue.

Please let me know if there are any logs you would like me to share and how you want me to share them with you.

Technical details

• Kolibri version - Kolibri 14.7 | Kolibri-server 0.3.6 | SQLite DB
  • Operating system - Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
  • Browser - Chrome - Version 92.0.4515.159

Is there any possibility that this user account was created while the import process was running?

After the initial validation has happened for the CSV, I can imagine that someone could come in and create the user through the interface.

Hi @richard

No sir.

The Users were created a few months ago, these users have been accessing Kolibri since March Month :slight_smile: I believe this happened recently. What I will do is, send a request to check how many times this user has signed in, because this might have happened even today, the only time we encountered this error was when they reported, that they were unable to sign in. This blows my mind and I’m unable to explain how this might have happened (lol), for me, it’s a mystery :D. I will let you know if the user has signed in before.

@richard I have looked at a spreadsheet from our Content Manager. there are a few duplicate username names. I’d like to share this info with you. Would you prefer I send you a copy of the SQLite DB, for you to have a closer look at it? Please provide a method for me to send it to you, if you wish. These users have been created either the same day at different times or a day apart and two to three weeks apart in the same month. I am waiting for feedback on whether or not these learners have been able to sign in or not, next week. Below is an example of the duplicate names and dates they were created:

schoolname_ec_username schoolname username 4/30/2021
schoolname_ec_username schoolname username 5/4/2021

Kind regards,
Bryan