KA Lite server won't start

I’m have traveled to Zambia with KA Lite loaded on my laptop so that we can run it in a school here and for some reason Ka lite won’t start the server . Before. I came it would start the server as part of the launch but now it won’t , I tried starting it with the start server tab but still it will not start . I tried re running the install application, rebooting and turning off the security software with no change, I am afraid to uninstall and reinstall as it may wipe the videos or fail to find them again. Any advise appreciated
Kind regards
Pat Bergin

Hi Pat,

Are you starting KA Lite with the same user as before when you managed to run it successfully?

Can you see KA Lite and Python processes in the Task Manager?

Dear Pat_Bergin and Radina-Matic,

Could you please help me start working off line on Khan Academy. I have downloaded the KA Lite and the Python Software, I have done the installation (it mostly did it by itself). But I haven’t been able to start KA Lite, when I click on it it tells me that the Server is starting, after a few seconds I can see the icon on the lower task bar of the screen (I have a PC Windows 10) but nothing happens. If I click on it again all it tells me is that KA Lite is already running.

I do not speak programmers language, I thought I would work by going back to chrome and typing khan academy or KA Lite when offline but nothing works. Can you please help.

Hi Cheo,

Do you see the two Python processes (as on the image above) when you open the Task manager? (See the link in the post above)? If you have other firewall and/or antivirus programs, you must allow (give permissions) to KA Lite and Python to run.

What happens when you right click on the KA Lite task tray icon (lower right corner, usually where the clock is located)? Can you click the “Start Server” item in the context menu?

Dear Radina-Matic,

Thank you for your time and support. I am already using the KA Lite, my mistake was so simple that is kind of embarrassing: when right clicking on the icon I simple didn’t click on “lunch browser”.

I kind of thought that just by left clicking or double clicking on the icon it would start or that if I opened the browser and tyoed Khan Academy or KA Lite it would start.

I was so simple, I smiled and now I am using KA Lite.

Thank you very much for your follow up, tome and support :smiley:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: KA LITE Server doesn’t starts at all

I have an issue with windows 10 64 bits, When I first installed ka-lite it worked fine, went to the icon right click,starting server and then the option of load in browser will activate and could go to the browser to use it.

But later on I also installed Kolibri and alsoworked fine and then in this month I installed the last version and It was dificcult to open once the new version was updated I could not open the server with kolibri, a message kept showing up again and again starting the server too anoying… and I couldnt open ka-lite either, so I deceided to uninstall everything and make a fresh installation Ka-lite asked me to install Python …12 and Kolibri asked me to installed Python 14… Now finally Kolibri opened UP in the browser (google chrome) but ka-lite didn´t open showing up a message that the server will start and will let me know to open the browser, but that never happens, the browser necer shows up the program, then when I try to open it again it shows that is already open (the server) BUTDOES NOT activates me the “load in browser” option

What can I do to make Ka-lite to open in the browser?

I also have same problem. I can not see KA Lite and Python processes in Task Manager.
I have downloaded the KA Lite and the Python Software, I have done the installation (it mostly did it by itself). But I haven’t been able to start KA Lite, when I click on it it tells me that the Server is starting, after a few seconds I can see the icon on the lower task. it tells me “the server is starting. please wait to be notified before opening the browser” . I waited about 6hours. but nothing happens. I can not click load in browser.

I have the same problem with Kolibri it is not starting at all, after annoying notifications that kolibri.exe is not working! now I have tried un-installing and installing again, the same failure. Do you have an idea how I can solve the problem?
A friend helped a few minutes ago to get to Python27, I have got this message:
[37mINFO Running Kolibri with the following settings: kolibri.deployment.default.settings.base [0m
INFO:kolibri.core.apps:Running Kolibri with the following settings: kolibri.deployment.default.settings.base
I do not know what to do after that.