KA Lite install on Raspberry Pi 3 model B

I have successfully installed KA Lite on my Raspberry Pi 3 model B. Installed videos and all works fine. I chose the quick registration option. I log on using the ip address 127.0.0.1:8008. My problem is that I want my kids to log on to KA Lite on the raspberry pi using their tablets and netbooks, but I don’t know how to give them access to do that. I am a complete novice on linux or indeed programming of any sort. Please help. I plan to send a couple of properly configured raspberry pi running KA Lite to Nigeria very soon.

Hi @Ngwu

Your kids should be able to access KA-Lite on your Raspberry Pi if you know its IP Address.

You can type this in the terminal

$ ifconfig

And should see something like this
52 AM

In my case, my local IP is 192.168.1.104.

Then, your kids can access it by typing on their browser 192.168.1.104:8008.

You can also use this link as another reference: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-raspberry-pi-lesson-3-network-setup/finding-your-pis-ip-address

Thank you so much. I followed your advice and now my kids are able to connect to KA Lite on the Raspberry Pi 3 via their computers, tablets and phone. Now I can go ahead and build the others that I will be shipping to a school in Nigeria. Thank you again.

You’re welcome @Ngwu

We’d be glad to hear from you again :slight_smile: