Content Import Issues with USB Flash drive

Please have a look at the two kolibri.txt files.

kolibri.txt - This is the logs for importing content via internet. The problem is it is showing files are corrupted when i use the tail -f command.

kolibri_usb.txt - This is the fiel where i’m trying to import the content from a usb flash drive. On some boxes it only updates the “version” of the channel, and does not show me the content selection. I have updated other boxes with it.

I have 65 Boxes to update :frowning: only updated 14 for these past 3 days due to struggling with our own internet and usb issues)

Please see files attached. Thank you so much!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BaNyyglLZdnmRJ__QDN9PaMy9QuFA8ni?usp=sharing

Technical details

• Kolibri version - 0.14.6
  • Operating system: Ubuntu Server 20.10 & Raspberry Pi OS Lite
  • Browser - Chrome

Hi @Bryan_Fisher , could you point me to the lines in the logs were you think Kolibri is failing?

I do see some errors related to the “version” upgrade like around here (line 182 of kolibri_usb.txt)

ERROR 2021-03-31 15:48:37,236 django.request Internal Server Error: /kolibri/api/content/remotechannel/a418892e64b94e33b939483b92c40d53/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/kolibri/dist/urllib3/connection.py", line 158, in _new_conn
    conn = connection.create_connection(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/kolibri/dist/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 57, in create_connection
    for res in socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, socket.SOCK_STREAM):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/socket.py", line 918, in getaddrinfo
    for res in _socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, type, proto, flags):
socket.gaierror: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution

Are you importing from a USB drive, but your kolibri device is still connected to the internet (which is why it tells you there is an upgrade available)? Do things run more smoothly if you’re not connected to the internet while importing from the USB drive?