Kolibri Studio Login error

Hello, I have been trying for the past 2 days to log into the Kolibri Studio channel I created but it keeps bringing up an error “Server Error (500)”. What could be wrong?

Hi adupe,

Sorry for the error you were experiencing, this issue has hopefully now been resolved. Can you try again and let us know if you’re able to access your channel now?

Best,
Laura

I have seen the same error on two different machines. Admin users that have been created is unable to log back in with the same details. On one the admin user is no longer there, I had to create an admin user via the terminal. The second machine(local server) had the admin details but was still unable to login, I did the same solution to create an admin user via the terminal (ubuntu machine).

I have to restart the server after that error is displayed “Server Error(500)”. We have over 40 servers running the same version and I’m afraid this will affect all of them. Is there a solution to this issue yet?

Kolibri version 9.2

Please be so kind to advise. Thanks so much!

Hi @Bryan_Fisher,

Could you please provide more information about this question to help us know more about it? Did you install kolibri with our Debian installer? When you run kolibri, did you do kolibri start with your own user? If this is the case, it’s possible that you install kolibri as user kolibri and run kolibri as your own user, so you don’t have the data that is stored under kolibri user’s home directory when running kolibri as your own user.
You can run sudo service kolibri status to check if kolibri is running or not. If it’s not running, you would be able to start kolibri with sudo service kolibri start.
Please let me know if you have any questions! Thanks :slight_smile:

Regards,
Lingyi

Hi Laura,

Yes, I am now able to access my channel with ease. Thank you for your service

Hi Lingyi,

Thanks so much for your reply.
Did you install kolibri with our Debian installer? NO.
When you run kolibri, did you do kolibri start with your own user? NO

We use the kolibri user to run kolibri.
At this moment it has not appeared again but it does not mean that it is resolved.
It is in inconsistent issue, and cannot be replicated. We can only look troubleshoot it when it happens.

In future when this occurs again; which logs would help assess the error? kolibri.log/server.log?

Please advise.

Thanks so much.

Kind regards,
Bryan