Kolibri session log files empty & system glitches

@richard

Summary

Good day, we recently updated to kolibri 0.15.6 last week and ever since we have had system glitches. the most persistent ones being that as the users interact(take a quiz) with the platform the systems declares every to have completed the quiz as soon as one participant submits their quiz and then the session log files are empty after the session

Technical details

• Kolibri version: 0.15.6
  • Operating system: Linux Ubuntu
  • Browser: Chrome

Hi @William -

I’m sorry to hear you have been having issues since your upgrade of Kolibri. We will look into the issue regarding the quizzes and follow up with more information when we have it.

You mention that there have been some other system glitches. Do you have any examples of what else you have encountered?

Do you recall what version of Kolibri you were using prior to upgrade? Was it 0.15.5, or was it an earlier version?

Thank you,
Marcella

Hi @marcellamaki

some of the glithches include the systems declaring every learner to have completed the quiz as soon as one participant submits their quiz, like if one learner finishes the quiz then they are all shown as completed and in a quiz of 30 question it would go on to say the learner has answered 36 of 30 questions

Good day @marcellamaki
Now the session log files do capture some part of the data but the content title column is empty and we really need it for reporting purposes, please this is urgent.

@marcellamaki any update on this?

Hi @William - thank you for following up. I spoke with our product lead, and our QA team has done thorough testing and so far, we have not been able to replicate what you’ve described. In order to further troubleshoot and help you, could you please:

1. Let us know how you installed Kolibri?
  2. Download your log files (instructions) and share them with me in a direct message?

Thank you,
Marcella

Good day @marcellamaki

1. I installed kolibri through a linux terminal
  2. i have shared the requested files with you

Thank you @William for the details. I’ve received the files you sent and started to look them over. I’m also sharing them with the team, and when we have more insight into what is going wrong, I will follow up. Thank you for your patience and for the information!

Hi @William - I’m happy to let you know that our QA team was able to reproduce the problem, and the code that was causing the issue has been updated. We are planning to make our next patch release by the end of August which will include this fix. When it is ready, you will find the release on our downloads page.

Thank you for reporting!
Marcella

@marcellamaki
thank you for the response, i updated to the latest version of kolibri today and seems it captures everything right except for any information relating to the quizes. it captures reports data for videos, exercises, etc but as soon as a quiz starts then file goes blank until the end of the quiz again or captures anything happening during the quiz. for instance if one learner participates in the live quiz and the other takes an exercise the csv files will reflect the information of the learner that took an exercise but nothing of the one taking the live quiz, please advice. Thank you again

Hi @William,

The CSV exports in the Facility page have never exported any data about quizzes. While under the hood we have changed our data structure to track quizzes in a way that is parallel in the database to exercises, due to a difference in metadata associated with quizzes, they are not included in the session and summary log exports.

If you want CSV exports of quiz data, please use the CSV export function in the Coach Quiz reports: Quizzes — Kolibri User Guide

Kind Regards,
Richard