KA Lite Hub Export Challenges

@benjamin
@jamalex

We have a relatively large Organization set up within the KA Lite Hub and have been performing monthly syncs of the data from ten devices.

We’ve attempted to use the Export Data feature (both at the Organization level, as well as down as deep as Facility/Group-specific data, and have been receiving time out errors during these attempts. Every attempt has been met with page time out errors.

When we attempt the same operations on the RACHEL devices and through the KA Lite Manage tab, the operations take a considerably long time (a minute or more) but they do complete.

From what I can tell, these operations just take too long for the KA Lite Hub to handle and the page request times out before the data export can produce the .csv file. Is there anything that can be done to address this on the KA Lite Hub?

Joshua

@Benjamin
@jamalex

Any thoughts on this one? I need to take some information back to the program coordinators on this one as soon as I can.

Joshua

Hi @Joshua_Burke

I was unfortunately absent for some time, we managed to make progress and some of the bottlenecks are gone.

But not all of them.

What is your current time frame?

Best,
Ben

Also, what is your availability for tests in the coming week? Would be VERY helpful if you can assist to quickly verify and test system updates :slight_smile:

@Benjamin

Thanks very much for your help. I’m available all week for testing the Hub.

Thanks so much @Joshua_Burke – I’ll ping you back here when there are updates to test and how to test them.

Sounds great! I’ll be watching.

Hi @Joshua_Burke

It seems we had a regression that crept in on April 25th. It has been fixed some hours ago and since then I stopped seeing performance-related outages.

Could you check again and please don’t mind if you DM me things like screenshots or logs.

Thanks so much!

Best,
Ben

This issue has been fixed by replacing the old export system with a new system that creates the CSV export data in the background.