Is it possible to sync channels into an Android device?

Hello, LE community!

I am working with my non-profit to help rural schools in Colombia to strive during the pandemic. We are going to use Kolibri to provide a distance learning model.

I know that it is possible to sync channels into a laptop using the Kolibri App so that students can access at their homes to content and classes. But, is it possible to do this with a cellphone? I have not found an App for Android.

So, is there a way to sync channels/classes/data between a server and cellphones?

Thank you for your time!

Hello @anruiz93
LE is working in an android version of Kolibri that has several sync features, but it’s not considered (yet) complete. Syncing content, fully classes and lessons is possible in the phone but not syncing individual users.
The access to the android version is restricted to a beta program because it won’t be made public until all the needed features (mainly individual users sync) are complete.
You can read https://learningequality.org/r/android-faq to know more details and to request to help testing the beta version if you think you fulfill the requirements.

Regards
José L.

Thank you, José, for your prompt answer! I will check out the link.

You can build a shared server to enable android connect and sync content. Send me a mail if you will like to know more josephorya001@gmail.com

@jredrejo I filled and submitted the survey from from the link and then realized this thread was from the beginning of 2021. Is that form still relevant today? I would like to test the beta version. Is there another form that I should submit to be considered as a candidate for testing the android release?

Hello @ericM , yes the form is still relevant. The Android app has been tested with a bunch of organizations and continues evolving using this feedback. It’s not ready for a general open release yet but it’s accesible via the beta program on request.

José

Thanks for the response José, it’s good to hear it is still evolving. The team I am part of is continually testing another app in the e-learing space, Bloom Reader, in alpha and beta releases before an updated version is openly released. I look forward to testing the Kolibri Android app within our organization’s use case.

@jredrejo Is it possible to get a hold of the Android app to test. I’ve been testing out Kolibri to better understand whether or not it is a feasible option for the environment we mostly operate in. The app would make it possible for us to integrate Kolibri into our current system without having to make a lot of changes to the hardware setup.

@ericM that’s on me for not responding yet to your survey submission, sorry about that! I’ll be in touch momentarily over e-mail.

@laura Thank you. We will be testing it over the next couple of weeks and send feedbacks.