Installing a previous version of Kolibri

Hi,
I’m using macOS 10.13.6 and do not plan to upgrade to 10.15 any soon. Can I still use Kolibri? For one thing, I can’t find the 0.14 release… thanks!

Hi @Pierpaolo_Di_Carlo-

You can definitely still use Kolibri! The version that is listed on our website downloads page is the version of MacOS that we have done our full Quality Assurance testing of the app on, so we feel reasonably confident that there are no problems that are OS specific that are impacting the core functioning of Kolibri. That doesn’t mean, however, that it definitely won’t work on other versions of MacOS. Rather, we just haven’t done the testing across all combinations of OS and Kolibri versions, as it’s quite demanding and would take a lot of team resources. I am one of the developers on the team and work on a Mac, so I regularly do some basic testing on the app and with Kolibri in the browser and have never had any problems, even though I’m running 11.6.5, for example.

If you have some time to try out Kolibri before needing to use it in a learning environment, I’d recommend downloading the current version on our website and giving it a quick test! There are significant improvements and new features since the series of 0.14 releases, so I think it’s worth trying out the lastest version. If you run into any problems, you can feel free to post here in the forum. You can use either the Mac app or a browser-based version of Kolibri. You can check out our user guide here for how to get started using the .pex file for running in the browser if that’s what you prefer.

That said, if you would really prefer to use an earlier version of Kolibri, you can browse through our github releases page, where the downloads are available under each section under “Assets” (you may see “Mac package” or just a file name ending with .dmg). However, I don’t believe the release page lists the OS version it was tested on, so this too might require a bit of trial and error.

Good luck, and feel free to reach out with any more questions!
Marcella