Forgotten password for Admin

Hi guys

I recently did an install of Kolibiri and forgot the admin username and password that I put down. I tried uninstaling and reinstalling Kolibiri but to no avail. What recourse do I have?

Hi @Nathier_Abrahams you can create another admin user.
The command to execute is

kolibri manage createsuperuser

If you are in Linux or Mac, you can execute it from a terminal directly.
If you are using Windows, you have to open a windows cmd and do

cd c:\Python34\Scripts

before executing the same command from above

It will ask you user and password for this new admin user that you can use later in kolibri.

Hello @jredrejo ,

I forgot my super admin password too. I am using a macOS Catalina.

When I type kolibri manage createsuperuser I get the following error: -bash: kolibri: command not found.

Hi @anruiz93 - I get this error on my mac if I’m not in my virtual env. Once I activate the virutalenv, I’m able to proceed. Is this happening to you with your virtual environment running?

@marcellamaki

I do not have a virtual env software downloaded. I am new to python, so the instructions that you provided on the link are difficult. Do I have to download a virtual env? Which one works for Mac?

Hi @anruiz93 - no problem! In that case, let’s back up a little bit. Can you tell me how you are using Kolibri on your computer? For example, did you download the mac app from the Learning Equality website? Did you fork and clone the project from Github?

If you are running Kolibri from a forked Github repo and are familiar with some terminal commands, can you tell me a little bit about how you got Kolibri set up and how you typically get the program running?

Once I have a little more information, I can figure out what directions would be most helpful and can add clarification as needed. Thanks!

Thank you for your prompt answer, @marcellamaki.

I download the Kolibri app from the Learning Equality website. I do not have any background in terminal use.

Hi @anruiz93, thank you for your patience and apologies for the delay. I have been looking into this problem and am hoping to get back to you with an update later today or tomorrow.

@anruiz93 , I think you might have to download kolibri as a Python package before you can use kolibri manage createsuperuser.

Can you try this?

pip install kolibri
kolibri --version # just to confirm it was installed
kolibri manage createsuperuser