Content Import for a local instance

So we are doing a large deployment and have local regional content servers (Kolibri instances of content) . We have channels in the studio that we imported into the local kolibri instance and now are trying to pull that content down to the Pi from the local kolibri instance instead of going out to studio. For some reason I am not seeing any of those channels show up when I do import from and select Local Network or internet as the source. Only public channels are showing up. Thoughts?

1 Like

Hi @pateljj04,

Once you’re in the Import Manager page, you can use the ‘import from token’ option:

If you don’t know the token you need to use for your channel, you can follow the instructions outlined in the Kolibri Studio docs.

Let us know if this doesn’t work for you!

Hi @aronasorman - I am trying to avoid pulling directly from the studio, so we have a local instance of Kolibri with content already imported using token. I am not seeing those channels when I connect another local device directly to that local instance using IP.

Ah sorry @pateljj04, I misread what you said! Is the instance successfully detected? What version are both Kolibri instances running?

No worries! Both are running 0.14.3

Can you try checking if peer import for unlisted channels is enabled?

Thanks @aronasorman that was it, I completely forgot to check that! Thanks that solved it! :slightly_smiling_face:

No worries! I’m glad that fixed your problem. Let us know how else we can help!

1 Like