Any success with RACHEL Plus?

Elimu has been rather silent on this forum so far but today, I want to bring you all up-to-date. We had challenges launching last year because our approach was based on using RACHEL Plus as the server and router. Our past experience with RACHEL Plus was very positive and led the way for our mobile eLearning program in schools. But downloading Kolibri onto our new RACHEL Plus devices in 2018 led to a series of ‘disappointments’ and so we embarked on finding a new solution for the server and router.

Our current solution was copied from Lewa Conservancy and involves a laptop server (Core i5) with up to three routers (TP Link TM-LR3420). Plus we have decided to get Dell Venue 11 Pro tablets (Windows 10) which have a longer duration on battery power (Over 5 hours on single charge).

Question? Who is successfully using Kolibri with RACHEL Plus. Please share your successes. Which version of Kolibri is working for you? How many client devices can you serve with one RACHEL Plus? Are you using tablets? If so, what are your specifications for those tablets? Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi Elimu, I learned about RACHEL a few days ago and think it is an interesting HW solution. What disappointments did you face with deploying Kolibri on Rachel?
Thanks in advance.
-Marco