Import/Export error in Win7

I have installed Kolibri 0.10.1 on 2 Linux pc’s and on a Windows 7 pc.
I can import material from the internet on one Linux machine and export it to the other using a usb drive - no problem.
On the Windows 7 machine I can import material from the internet but I cannot export it to a usb drive, neither can I import anything from a usb drive - I get a ‘No drives that can be written to are connected to the server’ error in spite of the fact that I can read and write to the usb drive with Windows Explorer. I’m logged into Kolibri with an admin/superuser role. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m glad you had no trouble with your Linux machines. The Windows 7 issue is new to us, but we had trouble replicating it, and we kindly ask you provide more information to help us troubleshoot. Please open a Github issue here and provide the following:

1. Your kolibri.log from C:\Users\<username>\.kolibri\kolibri.log
  2. Open up Command Prompt in Windows, and attach the result of the command wmic logicaldisk list full /format:csv

@Oyster1 has opened an issue here, pending further info: https://github.com/learningequality/kolibri/issues/4190

I’m experiencing the same issue with Windows 7

Hi is there a fix for this using Kolibri 0.10.2 please?

Hi @james -

The latest version is 0.11.0. Please download it here. If you’re still having issues, please feel free to start a new thread with the details and we’ll try to help.

(The fix for this particular issue was made back in 0.10.3)

Thanks Devon. That will work for us in the future when we redistribute the platform to our offline schools, but is there anything we can do in the meantime whilst they’re using v. 0.10.2 please?
Or is the only solution to update the version of Kolibri?

Hi -

I believe this issue affected Windows computers set up in non-English formats. You might try this workaround for v0.10.2 and below:

1. Go to Control Panel → Clock, Language, and Region → Region and Language → Formats → Format
  2. Change Format to English (United States)
  3. Try importing again

If this doesn’t work, you may have run into a different issue and we can investigate further.