Unable to login/access KA Lite on non-Server PC

Hi, My name is David Johnson. I am attempting to access Ka lite on a windows Vista/7 PC. I have a windows XP PC as the server. When I attempt to access the landing page with the IPs that are given to me on the server when I type in “ka lite start” into cmd, I either get a page is not available or when I attempt login as s student or Admin the login button appears to be broken as when I click it nothing happens.

Thank you so much for your response,
David Johnson

Dear David,

Thanks for writing.

Firstly, what version of KA Lite are you using? If you are able to post a screenshot of the problem, that would also be helpful.

It becomes hard for me to figure out the issue simply because there’s a part that I don’t fully understand. If you can clarify this, I am happy to help:

When I attempt to access the landing page with the IPs that are given to me on the server when I type in “ka lite start” into cmd, I either get a page is not available

Typing in the command and “page is not available” should not be related. The command is something you type into the “Command Line” on the server, not in your web browser.

You can open up a command line on Windows XP by hitting WIN+R and then entering “cmd” and pressing ENTER.

Did you mean that you typed in kalite start in your browser’s address window? The command is intended to start the server, so not at all relevant to your Windows 7 clients.

But you appear to already have started the server:

…or when I attempt login as s student or Admin the login button appears to be broken as when I click it nothing happens.

With the above error, what page are you talking about here?

I would like to ask @radina-matic if she can clarify the current state of Windows XP for KA Lite. I’m sure we have had issues with broken graphics before.

Thanks,
Ben

Thanks for responding I finally just did a few reboots of the server and and eventually the broken button worked on the clients.Sorry, I meant when I type in the IPs from on cmd prompt using the server into a win7 web browser the button was broken

Thanks,David

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back! Although as a proud developer, I cannot accept that reboots fix issues - but I’m glad it somehow did :slight_smile: In case you want to contribute with any further explanation that can help us improve KA Lite, please feel most welcome!

Best,
Ben

David, glad the reboot fixed the issue!

@benjamin Just did a fresh install of KA Lite release 0.16.9 on fresh XP VM and found no issues at first hand… I’m sure there are some SVG or image files here and ther that fail to load, but it’s not a generalized error.

A part from the known issue of the videos not playing on Firefox, so Chrome should be the recommended browser on Windows XP, any other problems should be looked into on the case-by-case basis!

1 Like