Typing tutorial

I was just wondering whether there was anything available in Kolibri for teaching students to type (qwerty keyboard)?

Thanks

Nicki

1 Like

Hi Nicki!

It seems that, at time of writing, there’s no such resource. We’ll keep an eye out down the line, though!

Thanks for the idea,
David

Thanks for getting back to me. I have just come across this freeware which is available offline.
http://www.rapidtyping.com/

Their license does state
"1. RapidTyping (“SOFTWARE”) is FREE for personal or corporate use.

1. You may use the SOFTWARE free of charge. You may share the SOFTWARE with others for free, but only by using the original distribution package. Repacking the SOFTWARE in another installer is only allowed after explicit written permission by RapidTyping Software.

2. Selling the SOFTWARE is prohibited."

So I was wondering whether it might be possible for Kolibri to engage with them to make this a public channel? I am afraid I don’t have the technical expertise to know whether this would be possible. But it looks like a great resource and certainly the feedback from the schools that we work with is that students are keen to master this.

Thanks

Nicki

Hi Nicki!

Unfortunately it looks as if the RapidTyping activities are encoded as Flash applets, which aren’t something we can support in Kolibri. If you know of any free typing activities that are created in HTML5, we’d love to see whether we could bring them in.

Thanks!
Jamie

Hi there @njturing, have there been any updates to this issue in 2021?

1 Like