Kolibri deployment in a girls center in La Pintana, Santiago, Chile

Hi, I owe you all my experience by implementing Kolibri in this Center. It is an informal education center for teen girls who have suffered a lot and they are not safe at home. The deployment is isolated from Internet for security concerns and it is very basic: a notebook which acts as the server and a wifi router that creates a wifi LAN. The mentors are very happy since the system solved a long need and they have started mentor the girls while they work in their life projects. Thank you Kolibri!

6 Likes

Congratulations for getting Kolibri and the system all set up for the Girls Center!

I noticed that your setup is isolated from the Internet. And since your Center is a little different than a traditional school, I wanted to share some information with you related to my post (on the same page as yours) about

Free Computers & Kolibri Using Linux for Indigenous Villages in Chiapas, Mexico

My post links to a website with a plan and guidance that features installing a variety of software that you can use without the Internet. Some examples, in addition to Kolibri, include making Wikipedia and a large number of electronic books available without the Internet.

My plan and guidance is based on using a free Linux operating system. But even if you are using a different operating system, you might find some helpful information in the documents on the website. A list of suggested free software can be found in Appendix B which can be accessed from the “Documents” page of the website. In many cases, I was able to include links to both Spanish and English versions of software and information.

2 Likes

Hola Marco, te saluda Werner desde Ñuñoa. Junto con felicitar tu trabajo interesante y desafiante, te quería compartir un trabajo que hemos realizado junto a un par de profesores. Se trata de un canal Kolibri donde seleccionamos recursos educativos y los alineamos al currículum “priorizado” de Matemáticas, desde Primero Básico NB1 a Cuarto Medio EM4, cubriendo todos los niveles escolares. El alineamiento de los recursos se ordenan para abordar los Objetivos de Aprendizaje definidos en el curriculum chileno. Este canal no se encuentra en la Kolibri Content Library (su repositorio de contenidos digitales) pero puedes descargarlo a través de un token: turug-mihav

Te deseo la mejor de las suertes y quedo a disposiciĂłn,

Werner

3 Likes