Issues with LaTeX subscripts

Operating System (e.g. Windows, MacOS, Linux): Windows 10

Browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari): Chrome and Edge

Channel (Name of the channel you were working on): EwB Revision :slight_smile:

Description of problem:

I am trying to fix the subscripts in chemical equations in exercises imported from CK-12.
I found that using $$_2$$ instead of $_2$ makes them display properly in Studio:

However, I can’t get them to display properly once imported into Kolibri 0.15.2:

Is there a trick for Kolibri to understand regular LaTeX?

Looking at similar Chemistry exercises from Khan Academy, it seems that what is needed to properly render these in KaTeX in Perseus is this raw text:

$\\text {Li}_2 \\text SO_4$

It is possible that Studio is not properly set up to allow input of this through the GUI, if so, please let me know.

Thank you for your quick reply! Unfortunately, it still doesn’t display properly in Kolibri. I copied and pasted your text, however Studio immediately changed the double slash for a single slash:

OK, this seems to be an issue with the Studio GUI then - the Khan Academy exercises are imported in raw form, so do not go via the GUI in the same way.

Just to let you know that I’ve opened an issue to track this on Github: Exercises editor does not allow raw KaTeX · Issue #3448 · learningequality/studio · GitHub - not entirely sure when we’ll get to fixing this, but we’ll flag there when updates happen!