Can not upload html zip file

Operating System (e.g. Windows, MacOS, Linux): Windows 10

Browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari): Chrome

Channel (Name of the channel you were working on): English1

Description of problem: Can not upload an html zip file.

Hey there k2edutech, I think we’ll need a bit more information to better help so I have a few questions:

• Can you check your storage space? You can do this by clicking your username at the top of the screen, then going to Settings. Then, there will be a Storage tab. If you’re low on storage that may be the issue.
  • Does your ZIP file have an index.html file in its root directory? I think that Studio expects there to be that file as its the file that is loaded when rendered in Kolibri.

I hope this can help us find a resolution!

Best regards,
Jacob

Hi Jacob,
Yes, I have enough space, only 11% is used right now, and the zip file has the index.html. The attachment image shows the Debug Console output.

Regards
K2edutech

Thanks for the additional information.

I think that the confusion might be in the second part that you underlined. Ricecooker will not upload a file that already exists which is why it says new there.

Are you not seeing the file you’ve uploaded reflected in the channel?

My colleague @blaine mentioned that this part of the Ricecooker doc might help clarify.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Jacob

1. I was trying to load a new file, which the script is not loading.
  2. I’d like to clear some of the existing files to start anew. I tried the command “–update” in the Config file (shown below), but it did not remove the existing files.
  3. Since the script is not working for me, can I add an HTML5 zip file manually in an existing channel?

Regards,
K2edutech

forum-replace-token

Hi @k2edutech,

I’ve altered your last post. Please be advised that this forum is publicly accessible, and sharing sensitive information like your API token isn’t appropriate.

You’re correct that you need the --update flag, as it’s mentioned in the documentation. Also, that same documentation has some clarity on the operation of a content integration (aka ‘chef’) script, such as:

At the end of the chef run the complete channel (files and metadata) will be uploaded to “draft version” of the channel called a “staging tree”.

Please be aware that the ‘staging tree’ is separate from the deployed version of the channel, and the staging version is only accessible through a special URL output at the end of the script. So to clarify, you’re seeing that it did not remove the files nor update your HTML5 zip after running your script and checking the staging tree? I had checked your staging tree the other day and did see some changes along those lines.

Since the script is not working for me, can I add an HTML5 zip file manually in an existing channel?

The chef scripts are only one way to curate content on Kolibri Studio. You may also use the Studio web interface to curate content from existing channels and upload your own content. Please be aware that you cannot alter a cheffed channel through the Studio web interface. Kolibri Studio documentation

Regards,
Blaine

Hi Blaine,

1. You wrote " and the staging version is only accessible through a special URL output at the end of the script". What is the “special URL”? I go to my Studio account to see the changes in the channel, as shown below.
  2. You wrote "So to clarify, you’re seeing that it did not remove the files nor update your HTML5 zip after running your script and checking the staging tree? ". It does not remove and does not add my new files.
  3. I have been using Studio for 2 years and never had a problem with uploading files using script. Has anything changed with the studio?
  4. I’ve spent almost 2 weeks now trying to solve this issue, I wonder if you can test on your side by uploading a file on the “English tst” channel shown below? If it helps I can send you my script file.

Regards,
K2edutech

I ran a test run, but I got an error message “500 Server Error”, as shown below. What is this error about?

K2edutech

Hi @k2edutech,

1. I’ve directly messaged you the special URL. The last output in your first screenshot shows this URL
  2. I do see files staged in your ‘English tst’ channel
  3. If you’ve recently updated your version of ricecooker, you may have received updates to it. We have internal team members using it without running into these issues though
  4. I see files staged in your ‘English tst’ channel, so I will wait to see your follow up

Regards,
Blaine

Hi @k2edutech,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Regards,
Blaine