sqlite3.IntegrityError: UNIQUE constraint failed: logger_masterylog.id

Hello, we are seeing ongoing error in kolibri.log

Any ideas on solution greatly appreciated

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/kolibri/dist/django/db/backends/utils.py”, line 64, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/kolibri/dist/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py”, line 328, in execute
return Database.Cursor.execute(self, query, params)
sqlite3.IntegrityError: UNIQUE constraint failed: logger_masterylog.id

kolibri.log and server.log are here

Hi @mrdavidhaag, in my experience this is error is usually “harmless”, and I’ve normally seen it while doing exercises. Have you or your users been experiencing any problems with the exercises as you’ve seen these errors occur?

Hi @jonathan , the school is reporting troubles, but are happy to have this new tool. I was commenting to director that it is amazing how quickly the LE Kolibri tool has been implemented and used. I had doubts that this process could progress so rapidly.

I am not on-site so only getting reports after the fact. The reports are varied and range from trouble logging in with long delays to getting disconnected from server. This is new installation and I spent a week on site trying to see first hand these issues and I am still in the process of elimination for trouble shooting.

I was concerned because the sqlite3.IntegrityError, as when upgrading to 0.11.1 the database was corrupted and had to use the commands I was prompted in the systemctl status kolibri report. After running commands (sorry do not remember commands exactly) the server was able to start normally.

The daughter of director of school is detailed and gave the report that; “If I watch more than 3 videos in a row, something glitched and I did not get my points for the work I had done. This happens when I am watching and quizzing for a long period of time in the past 4 days.”

I hope to systematically eliminate the variables and get things running smoothly. The Kolibri server deserves the best environment possible as I already see the hunger these students have and an obvious desire to use Kolibri. Hence, our aim is for a good user experience to compliment Kolibri.

Thanks for the follow up. This does line up with my experience, where repeatedly doing the same video or exercise can cause this specific error to appear. Unfortunately, I believe this bug might still be in the latest versions of Kolibri.

Good to know the error is minor issue. Thanks for the explanation and your time.

I am encouraged because the students are willing to offer feedback and already engaged in Kolibri far more than other tools/projects that have been presented to them. This opens the door to teaching about constructive criticism instead of just complaining.