Import - Export issues

Hi,

I am experiencing al multitude of issues with Kolibri.

1. When I import several resources at the same time the Task Manager gets stuck at 100%. Cancelling the import doesn’t work. Only after restarting the computer does the task disappear. But afterwards I get the same problem with every task. So completely unable to import anything. I have to uninstall (deleting all imports) and reinstall Kolibri to be able to import again.

2. When importing resources (Khan Academy) via a local drive I get the error message “Channel not found” even though Kolibri recognizes the exported resources on the drive.

3. Kolibri often refuses to start up. Again uninstall - reinstall seems to be the only way to solve this.

Kolibri 0.13.0
Windows 10 Home
Windows Explorer

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for the report! Would you mind looking for any errors in your logs?

https://kolibri.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manage/get_support.html#locate-kolibri-log-files

Hi devon, Thanks for your reply. I looked through the logs but honestly I don’t really know what to look for.

In deamon this caught my eye: sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (sqlite3.OperationalError) too many SQL variables

In the kolibri file I found this:

ERROR 2020-02-01 13:32:26,810 exception Internal Server Error: /api/content/contentnode_granular/1ceff53605e55bef987d88e0908658c5/
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\kolibri\dist\sqlalchemy\engine\base.py”, line 1193, in _execute_context
context)
File “C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\kolibri\dist\sqlalchemy\engine\default.py”, line 509, in do_execute
cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
sqlite3.OperationalError: too many SQL variables

Does this give insight into the cause of the problems described above?

Thanks

Thank you for the info. I’ve filed an issue here: https://github.com/learningequality/kolibri/issues/6518

We will investigate and follow up if we need more information.

1 Like

Hi @Matthias,

Do you mind sharing the entire .kolibri/logs folder with us so we can get more information about all the issues you mentioned here? If you find sending the folder through email is more convenient for you, please feel free to send it to lingyi@learningequality.org. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi @lingyi
I have just mailed you the contents of the Logs folder.
Thanks!

Hi Devon, Lingyi,
Issue number 2 reported by Matthias is exactly what the NITA-Uganda team is facing as they deploy Kolibri in schools. The Secondary School and Youth Center channels cannot be found but Kolibri recognizes resources on the drive. The lighter channels have however been imported successfully. Should they also send log files?

Hi @Janet ,

Yes, could you please send us the log files as well so we can confirm your issue is the same as the one that Matthias has in the backend? Thank you so much!

Thanks you all so much for looking a these problems. We are using Kolibri to teach students in the refugee camp on Chios, Greece. It is already making a big difference for our students. Thank you!

Hi @Matthias and @Janet,

We had a Kolibri release 0.13.1 last Friday, which includes a fix to your issue too many SQL variables. You are able to download the latest release here: https://learningequality.org/download/. Please feel free to let us know if you continue to see errors after upgrading Kolibri. Thank you so much!

Thank you Lingyi. We’ll let you know.
Janet