How can I change the listening port of kolibri?

Hello

Can someone advise how we can change the listening port of Kolibri because 8080 is occupied.

I tried the instruction in Kolibri documentation the one about adding but nothing changed, it is still not working.

Whenever I power on the Rachel and try to use kolibri, the page is not available. Through the terminal I used this code (kolibri start --port=2020) and manage to start it temporarily until we restart the rachel.
This means that if the rachel is restarted or power off, I have to start it through that procedures every time which is frustrating when I am not on our Learning site.

We are using Rachel Plus 2.0 device (wapd-235n-model) and the problem happened with Kolibri 0.9, 0.10 and 0.11 versions.

For the installation of Kolibri, I passed through the terminal too.

Please help!

Bruce

Hi, Bruce

It seems that the start-up command needs to be modified for your use case. I see you mentioned that you used the terminal for installation; would you happen to know what specific command?

Thanks,
David

Hi Daniel

Thanks for getting back to me.

I used the following code to install it:

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common python-software-properties
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:learningequality/kolibri
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kolibri

Hi Bruce,

Before I proceed with the directions, I’d like to point out the possibility that Kolibri is already running on port 8080 when you attempt to run Kolibri manually. This would result in the launch failing because 8080 is already occupied by another Kolibri instance!

However, if you know that not to be the case, you can change the startup command by adding KOLIBRI_HTTP_PORT="2020" to the file /etc/kolibri/daemon.conf.

After doings so, run sudo systemctl start kolibri in the command line.

If you’re having trouble following the directions above, please don’t hesitate to ask more questions!

Thanks,
David