Did some troubleshooting on the CK12 and the Interactives play with Windows and not Ubuntu 20 .04

So the problem is the OS and not Kolibri,however older version ;like Ubuntu 14.04 seem to play without a problem

Hello @Masomotele,

We are very glad to know that you were able to play CK12 content on Windows!

We would also love to hear from you about which specific browsers you are experiencing challenges while playing content.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!

Problem is not solved,I really want them to play on Ubuntu 20.04

@Masomotele we would like to know the specific browser you are using. This will help us to narrow down the scope of the problem you are experiencing and hopefully resolve it too.

Am using Google chrome and Firefox ,all updated

Hello @Masomotele!

We are sorry you are experiencing issues interacting with some resources on Kolibri, and thank you for notifying us.

Could you send us screenshots or a recording of the developer console to see if there are any errors while trying to interact with CK12, PLIX and Flexbook resources? Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the channel or folder that contains the resource in question, but don’t open it yet.
  2. Right click anywhere in the page and select the Inspect option.
  3. Make sure you can see the Network and Console tab in the Inspect window as in the image below.
  4. Now open the resource and send us the screenshot of the browser window when you encounter the error.

Hi @Masomotele,

It appears that the port where CK12, PLIX and Flexbook(or more generally HTML5 apps) resources are being served is blocked. You will need to use a different port on your server so that these resources can work correctly. This port should be configured to be accessible from the browser.

Please be sure to keep us in the loop of how this goes.

Regards,

Changed to port 1234
Changed it in options.ini a
and daemon.conf but still same response
Do you have any prefered port
However everything else seems to be running smoothly only the HTML5 and Flexbooks are not working

Correct me if am wrong, thought CK12 run from the same port as Kolibri

There is a section called Deployment in the options.ini
The instructions say I add a section called Deployment !!!
I simply edited the HTTP_PORT = 1234

The setting that the documentation refers to is ZIP_CONTENT_PORT not HTTP_PORT - the HTTP_PORT setting controls the main port that Kolibri is server on, the one we are suggesting to change is only for the HTML5 resources.

The only thing that matters for this is ensuring that the server is configured in a way that lets the ZIP_CONTENT_PORT be accessed as well as the regular port. This may require additional configuration of the server you are running to allow access to this port.