Getting a server error 500 while uploading video

Getting a server error 500 while uploading a 50 Mb video file.

Also what is the maximum content size limit for a particular user and channel?

What if the channel deletes the content would an offline user still be able to access it or not?

I’m having the same problem. Any updates on this?

Thanks for posting about this! Yes, there is a current error that affects newly registered users. While the error is being fixed, I’ll ask our engineer Kevin to re-run a script that fixes the issue for the most recent users, meaning you @smj_vsk1008 and @Nathier_Abrahams :slight_smile:

We’ll return with updates here! Thanks for hanging in!

Hey Benjamin! Thanks so much

I’m receiving a new error code. See below:

504 Gateway Time-out

504 Gateway Time-out

nginx/1.11.13

Dear @Nathier_Abrahams

Thanks for reporting this! The Studio team informs me of a few operational instabilities. The one you have mentioned was caused by a database issue and should be cleared for now. So please do try again! :slight_smile:

(Studio operates quite a lot of content and data structures, and therefore the take-off runway is a bit longer than for other projects, so we really appreciate the patience and each and every little bit of feedback!)

Best,
Ben

Hi Team

The problem seems to be reoccuring. I’m currently experiencing the error 500 problem at the moment

Hello @Nathier_Abrahams,
Can you provide some additional context about the latest error? Were you also uploading a video in this case? I think I’m seeing your error in our logs, but I haven’t been able to reproduce the error by simply attempting to upload a video. Was there anything unusual or notable that you were doing at the time that you got the error?

Thank you for your feedback!
Micah

I was uploading a video at the time. I tried using a different video and tried using a different browser, but kept getting the same error response

Do you have any potential workarounds?

I’ve tried uploading different file types with a different browser, keep receiving the same error. Could it be an issue with my account?

Hey @Nathier_Abrahams,
This issue may have been fixed in a patch that went out on Monday.

Can you try again to see if video uploading is working for you now?

Micah

Hi Micah

Its working on my other pc which runs Windows 8. My Windows 7 pc still experiencing error 500 :frowning:

That’s very useful information!

Can you give me some details about the web browsers you’re using on each machine? It’d be helpful to know which version of which browser you’re using in each case.

Currently we are aiming to support newer versions of Firefox and Chrome.

Micah

Hi Micah

Okay, it turned out that it was neither the operating system nor the browser. The problem was caused by the channel. I think it was corrupted or something. I made a new channel and copied the content. This solved the problem!

Nathier,
Thank you so much for your feedback! You helped us fix a bug!

Micah