Kolibri Analytics Suggestion

Hello all. I have been a long time user of KA Lite for a year now. Last year I successfully deployed the software at the school I was working at, and had over 200 users accessing the server for my tutoring program. It worked well. I loved the ability to access videos and practice content offline, a godsend in a place which has terrible internet. Back then I was still watching Kolibri being developed, and have since fiddled with the current version. I have been pleased with the UI upgrade and like where it is going.

A suggestion from my experience.

One thing that was kind of a bummer for me using KA Lite was that it had no way of tracking student progress. Although it did save user information on what they had completed, and as an admin I could look at the box graph to see the concepts completed, there wasn’t an easy way for a student to track their progress and see how far through the content they had completed. On the Khan Academy website students have the ability to see graphs of their progress through certain categories (i.e. 50% through Algebra I) with a full list of completed concept vs. concepts that still need to be completed. This is an essential tool if your looking to set goals for your students.

I’m not sure about the future plans for Kolibri, but a good next step would be to provide users with useful graphs or analytic tools that allow them periodically to check their progress. It would help even further if they could see a list of the categories finished and be able to click on the next unfinished categories.

What are the thoughts of the developers? Is this already in progress am I touching a new improvement?

3 Likes