Can not log in (windows 10), the KA lite doesn't appear properly

I don’t know much of pragramming, and I can not log in because the LEARN, LOG IN, and SIGN UP can’t be clicked. When I clicked them, nothing happened.

When I clicked LEARN icon in the middle, the second picture appeared, there were tabs I could click, but again nothing happened.

Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem, thank you!
Your help is much appreciated.

Hi @Ichal.

Can you open developer options on firefox by hitting F12 on your keyboard?

And click the Console tab as shown below

Now, click the login button again and let us know if it’s showing any errors.

Hi @mrpau-eugene,

Thank you for answer. Here is the screenshot.

It says:

1. Django Reverse JS not loaded
  2. TypeError: window.Urls is undefined

Thanks

@Ichal May I ask what installation method did you use?
And by the way, what version of KA Lite are you using and your operating system?

I think some files were missing or was skipped while copying the static files used by KA Lite…

@mrpau-eugene I installed Python 2.7.13 and then downloaded KA lite Windows installer v. 0.17.1. and installed it. I use windows 10 Home (single language) in my OS.

Is it possible that I may have skipped or missed the static files due to my internet connection? I didn’t use wifi connection during the installation. I used only my 25GB data connection from my mobile phone.

thanks

@Ichal the internet connection shouldn’t be the case since the static files are already included in the setup file KALiteSetup-0.17.0.exe.

It could be a windows 10 issue since some users are also experiencing this kind of error.

By the way, can you try stopping KA Lite and starting it again? But after starting, wait for around 3-5 minutes. And let me know if this error still occurs.

Thank you very much @mrpau-eugene!! I uninstalled my KALiteSetup-0.17.1.exe, and installed its previous version that you mentioned in your answer (KALiteSetup-0.17.0.exe). I browsed it and got it here: http://pantry.learningequality.org/downloads/ka-lite/0.17/installers/windows.

I installed KALiteSetup-0.17.0.exe, signed up, logged in and now I want to register my device as shown in the picture below:

I have tried this using my KALiteSetup-0.17.1.exe (before finally installing its previous version) but didn’t work: [quote=“mrpau-eugene, post:6, topic:318”]
By the way, can you try stopping KA Lite and starting it again? But after starting, wait for around 3-5 minutes. And let me know if this error still occurs.
[/quote]

Many thanks !!

@Ichal Woops! I think I typed the wrong version. It should’ve been 0.17.1 and not 0.17.0 (sorry).

But anyways, that’s kinda weird. The KALiteSetup-0.17.1.exe should work the same as 0.17.0 did. I would like to confirm, what did you exactly do when installing the 0.17.1.exe? Have you tried the one I mentioned about waiting for 3-5 minutes before loading KA Lite in your browser?

Hi @mrpau-eugene, actually the first time I installed KALiteSetup-0.17.1.exe, my browser looked like this:

then I tried a solution posted by @benjamin here: KA Lite doesn't serve javascript assets in Windows 10 by doing this:
WIN+R -> type cmd and press ENTER
In the command line, go to your Python Scripts folder, typically cd C:\Python27\Scripts, but you may need to adapt the path to your specific system (navigate with your explorer to figure out your folder structure). cd means “change directory”, it’s a necessary step before running the kalite command on Windows.
On the command line, once it’s inside the Scripts folder, type kalite manage collectstatic and press ENTER. When prompted, say “yes”.

Then, I refreshed my browser and it started looking like I posted in this topic like this:

I thought I was successful, but when I clicked the log in and sign up bottons, nothing happened. I tried to reinstall KA lite and restart my computer but it didn’t work, so I tried to create “kalite manage createsuperuser” account using my cmd again after visiting this link: http://ka-lite.readthedocs.io/en/latest/usermanual/userman_admin.html because I coudn’t sign up and log in via my browser.

However, it still didn’t work, so I started posting this topic.

Yes, I have tried to wait for 3-5 minutes before loading KA Lite in my browser. I tried it three times but still didn’t work. So, I decided to install KALiteSetup-0.17.0.exe you mentioned in your post and it finally worked.

Frankly, I myself did not know what I did. I just wanted to make KA lite run by doing random things I didn’t really understand :smiley:

Thanks

I thought I was successful, but when I clicked the log in and sign up bottons, nothing happened. I tried to reinstall KA lite and restart my computer but it didn’t work, so I tried to create “kalite manage createsuperuser” account using my cmd again after visiting this link: Administrator User Manual — KA Lite 0.17.5 documentation because I coudn’t sign up and log in via my browser.

However, it still didn’t work, so I started posting this topic.

Yes, I have tried to wait for 3-5 minutes before loading KA Lite in my browser. I tried it three times but still didn’t work. So, I decided to install KALiteSetup-0.17.0.exe you mentioned in your post and it finally worked.

Frankly, I myself did not know what I did. I just wanted to make KA lite run by doing random things I didn’t really understand :smiley:

Thanks

Oh, yes. Doing a kalite manage collectstatic should’ve done the trick. We still can’t find out why static files aren’t being collected properly on most Windows 10 machines.

But anyways, I’m glad I could somehow help.

And by the way, thanks for specifying your Windows 10 version. I’ll try to test it and see if I can replicate this issue.

1 Like